Friday, February 22, 2008

Seahawks News

I was very pleased to find this article today naming Bobby Engram as one of the 10 most underrated players in the NFL according to KC Joyner of ESPN.com. Congratulations to Engram, although I think he'll have a hard time maintaining those numbers with a healthy DJ Hackett and Deion Branch.

I was also happy to see that the Seahawks slapped the franchise tag on Marcus Trufant. I wasn't relishing the prospect of a pourous pass defense while we tried to break in another corner. I guess this means we only signed Josh Brown to a 1 year deal last year, once again making him a free agent. I'm a little surprised I haven't heard anything about him during all this, and I don't know what's to become of him now.

I'm also still anxiously awaiting the news that we've signed Alge Crumpler. Even though he had the worst season of his career last year, he was still more productive than all of our tight ends combined.

And I guess it says a lot about my confidence in the Mariners that with spring training right around the corner, I'm still more interested in the Seahawks off season moves and the upcoming draft. I know I've said it already, but I'll say it again. We're going to draft Rashard Mendenhall.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Engram will get to play plenty, since Branch has a serious knee injury and Hacket will probably leave via free agency. By the way, Trufant is the highest paid franchise player this year. I guess the only position more pricey than QB is CB.....