Tuesday, February 26, 2008

NFL News

Well, the combine officially concluded today, and my man-crush on Rashard Mendenhall continues. My greatest fear now is that he did too well and won't last until the Seahawks pick. As is becoming common place, a few little known players shot up the draft board by posting great times in the 40. I still contend that GM's place way too much importance on the combine and I wonder if it is more harmful than helpful. I also think that players should be required to run their 40's in full pads while carrying a football. That would give a much more accurate representation of their on field speed.

What way overshadowed the combine news though was the rumor that I heard on the radio on the way home from work. The guys on KISW were reporting that Randy Moss has reportedly signed with the Dallas Cowboys. That's not right at all. I'm not sure, however, how long he and T.O. can occupy the same field without self destructing. Here's hoping that the rumors are false.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, that one's certainly false...at least for now. Otherwise, I'd of heard about it on the NFL channel who was still talking about whether he'll sign with New England. KISW....sounds like they don't know anything about football...