Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Oil Prices

Crude oil closed at over $100 a barrel today, much to my dismay. And since prices at the pump have been creeping up again for about a week, I'm already bracing myself for a long expensive summer. But an unusual thing occured to me while reading the article. Toward the bottom they mentioned that Hugo Chavez is once again threatening to cut production and sue Exxon. When I read that, the first thing that popped into my head was that I'd gladly pay an extra dollar a gallon if I didn't have to hear about that pompous ass anymore. He's like an annoying little kid that won't stop pestering you and won't shut up. You really want to just beat him down and teach him a lesson, but you know you really shouldn't. And so you put up with his annoying antics. If I had any way of knowing where the oil came from at different gas stations, I would gladly start boycotting Venezualian oil. Right now Hugo Chavez is my biggest motivator in pushing for more biodiesel.

And as long as I'm already a little agitated, when is google going to fix their damn spell checker? I shouldn't have to proof read my own writing, that's ridiculous.

2 comments:

Lyndsay said...

I tried spell checker this morning and it worked!!! YAHOO!!!

Unknown said...

Yes, I tried it again last night and found that they fixed it. It's about time.