Saturday, February 23, 2008

Amen

I don't know if you've heard, but Kid Rock has taken a crack at writing a hymn with his latest song Amen. Yes, it's every bit as bad as you can imagine, but that's not really what gets to me. How does he really expect me to take anything he has to say about religion or spirituality after his last single? In case you are lucky enough to have never heard it, I'll spare you the unpleasantness of having to listen to it and tell you that the chorus has these lyrics:

You're so hot I want to get you alone
You're so hot I want to get you stoned
You're so hot I don't want to be your friend
I want to f*** you like I'm never going to see you again

Somehow after that, a song title "Amen" comes across a more than a little inauthentic, not to mention somewhat offensive. I hate Kid Rock. The guy is a horrible musician not to mention a complete ass.

No comments: