Friday, February 29, 2008

Freak Out

Jevon Kearse aka "the freak" has been cut by the Eagles. How he managed to go from the most feared pass rusher in the league to a nobody so fast is really hard to believe. I think if he could stay healthy, he could be productive again, but that's a big if. Some team will take a chance on him - some team desperate or a pass rusher. I will be interested to see how much he ends up getting. My guess is he'll end up in Denver. They have really been taking chances on washed up defensive linemen or busts in recent years.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm thinking it was mostly injuries. Not so fast on the bench, or when legs broken...

I think how often a guy's injured often gets overlooked when talent in evaluated in football. That's why we eventually had to get rid of Simmons (where's he now, anyway?) and why I think we're not so quick to give Hackett a contract. Besides, Antonio Bryant from the Cards might be just as good or better as Hack...though I prefer to keep our own guys if the price is right.

Anonymous said...

Well the problem with being a freak is that stuff breaks just like on everyone else. It was sure fun to watch him while it lasted though. I wish him luck.