Saturday, February 02, 2008

Good Luck Chuck

I rented Good Luck Chuck for one reason, and one reason only: because Jessica Alba is in it. It didn't get very good reviews, so I had pretty low expectations going in, but it still managed to disappoint me. This movie was so bad. The plot is stupid and really thin, the acting is horrible - particularly Dane Cook, and it just wan't funny. It is chock full of some of the most low brow, juvenile humor I've ever seen. I could go on and on about how bad this movie is, but the more I think about it, the more it irritates me.

I assume it will get high marks from Shelvis though based on the extensive amount of nudity along with the obligatory pot head who is baked out of his gourd in every scene.

I immediately became wary when all of the previews on the DVD were of movies I've never heard of that looked terrible. That's always a bad sign. And since they were almost all starring Dane Cook, and the were all put out by Lions Gate, I think it's time to boycot both.

The movie is just stupid, gross and annoying. Avoid at all costs.

No comments: