Sunday, February 10, 2008

Mariners Pitching

By now I'm sure you're all aware of the Erik Bedard trade. Personally I think we gave up way too much for him and fear that he's going to get injured and we'll see Adam Jones perennially in the all star game.



The acquisition that really intrigues me, however, is R.A Dickey. I know that most people don't get too excited about 33 year old pitcher who's missing his ulnar collateral ligament, but he seems to have honed his knuckleball. The Mariners picked him up in the rule 5 draft after posting a 13-6 record in AAA Nashville and bing named Pacific Coast League pitcher of the year. If he truly has dialed in his knuckler, he could really be a productive member of the Mariner's pitching staff.

2 comments:

Shawn said...

Nashville is in the pacific coast league?
I love the ballsy as hell Bedard trade. This guy will be a monster. If he played for the Yankees last year he would have won 30 games. Don't forget how godawful the Orioles are and he posted a winning record? Get outta town! Hear me now: the Mariners will be playing in November this year. Your calculations are correct, that's World Series tiiime!

Oh and I have three words for Adam Jones: Jose Cruz Junior. O VER RATE ED!!!!!
Shelvis

Anonymous said...

Over the last five years, there's been one thing consistent about the farm system, a lot of hype, and little results. I'm beginning to think our farm teams were juiced for a reason, cause they couldn't cut it otherwise....

Maybe dumping all of our best talent in the minors might be a good thing?