Tuesday, February 12, 2008

New Music

I heard 2 new songs on the radio that were both good. First up was Tantric who I haven't heard from in several years. You may remember their hit Breakdown. Well now they are back at it with Down and Out. It was a pretty interesting song. Apparently the band has added a violinist, which creates an interesting dynamic. It's a little unusual, but I like it.

Tantric was absolutely blown out of the water by the new Sevendust song though. I know you're probably all tired of hearing about Sevendust by now, but there is just one word to describe Prodigal Son and that word is awesome. Like a lot of their best tunes, this one is both heavy as hell, and yet quite melodic at the same time. And some nice harmonies are thrown in for good measure. I'm reminded of the famous quote from Mike Portnoy, "balls and chunk are where it's at." And trust me, this song has balls and chunk. I now officially can't wait until the new album hits on April 1. I think this band has a unique sound and I really dig it. If you only listen to one song this year, make sure it's this one.

No comments: