Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Good And Bad News

God has interesting timing. I received a phone call today from a friend that his wife is pregnant. Mere minutes after hanging up the phone I received an email that a friend and co-worker died today. I don't really know what I'm feeling right now. It's kind of an odd mixture of happiness and sadness. I guess the sadness is prevailing at the moment.

My friend Willie's death isn't too much of a surprise, he was in his late 70's and has had health problems for several years. But he was a very nice man and I will really miss him. I've met his wife and 2 of his 3 kids, and they are all very nice people and my heart goes out to them right now. And so it is with a heavy heart that I say good bye to Willie, I'll miss you my friend.

2 comments:

Lyndsay said...

This is awful. Did I know Willie?

Unknown said...

No, I worked with him at Safeco Field.