Monday, February 04, 2008

The Power of Complaining

The older I get, the more I realize what a powerful tool complaining is. Sometimes it nets you some sympathy. In other cases, it just makes you feel better. This effect is two fold in nature: first it allows you to let off some steam. I know some people prefer to keep their irritation all bottled up and save it for an appropriate time when they can erupt in a volcano of anger and hatred, usually at a little league event of some sort or possibly another public event - maybe a wedding or bar mitzva. I mean, who hasn't had the urge to heckle some newlyweds? Personally, I find it more enjoyable to parcel out my hate in small doses throughout the day. Which brings me to the second quality of complaining: if you don't score some sympathy, at least you can annoy others and that's guaranteed to make you feel better because, after all, misery loves company.

So take it from Dr. Scott - endulge yourself with a vitriolic tyrade today. You'll thank me later.
Post a Comment