Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Useless Statistics

........and other useless information.

So I ran the numbers in my head. Eharmony (yes I'm still thinking about that) claims to have 16 million registered members. They also claim that 60% of those are female. That means that I was rejected by 9.6 million women in one fell swoop. That's a new personal best for me. Granted, you don't get to be single at my age without experiencing a fair amount of rejection, but this really raised the bar.

I now have one remaining episode of Lost season 3 to watch before season 4 starts up tomorrow. I swear, the more I watch, the crazier that show gets. But I've come too far to give up now. The funniest quote I've heard so far is that since Jack and Claire are step siblings but don't know it, if they fall in love and get married, the island will be renamed West Virginia. I have my doubts about that happening though.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I hate meetings. It seems that in the last couple months, my presence has been requested or required at an ever increasing number of meetings. It's really starting to wear on me. How am I supposed to get anything done when I'm always in a damn meeting? Well, I tried just ignoring some last week thinking I could have a meeting free week. I was only summoned to two of them, so I may start ignoring meeting requests. Hopefully that won't result in my dismissal.

And since this is title useless statistics, I guess I'm legally obligated to throw out some more statistics. The fed cut interest rates again today by half a point. I'm not convinced this is a good idea. It seems like a short term solution to me and I think we'd be better off in the long run just letting the economy work itself out. But that may just be my irrational side kicking in - thinking that all the shady real estate 'investors' who artificially drove up the market should just take their lumps instead of having the government try to bail them out. That's all for now.

No comments: