Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Maybe It's Just Me

I don't know if it's just one of my unusual character traits, or if other people are like this too, but I don't take complements well. For some reason they make me feel uncomfortable. I guess attention or recognition of any kind bothers me. I really prefer to be left alone most of the time. What does it all mean? It seems most people like attention, am I the only one who doesn't?

On a completely unrelated topic, I just saw a commercial for Saw 4. I can't believe they keep cranking out those pieces of crap. Since 2 was bad and 3 was even worse, I can only imagine how bad 4 is.

And now there is a commercial for Meet The Spartans. Wow does it look stupid. Somebody must watch those parodies or they wouldn't keep making them. I've just never met someone who actually likes them. I didn't see any Wayans brothers in the preview, but I suspect some are involved. That is the only employment they can secure these days.

Finally, I was down at the gym tonight and couldn't help wondering why some people go in and don't even do enough to work up a sweat, breathe hard, or even raise their heart rate. Is it purely for show? Is it just to keep somebody else from using the equipment? I assume it's so they can feel like they are getting exercise while not actually getting any. Kind of the exercise equivalent of drinking diet pop and eating light ice cream in order to lose weight. Those people sicken me and I hate them. Particularly when I can't use the exercise bike or some other piece of equipment as a result.

And so ends my random nonsense for the night.

3 comments:

W&MGrad said...

Pat went to the gym last night while I was in class. He didn't look very sweaty afterwards, either. Hmmmm.

The Chuckman said...

If it makes you feel any better I'm exactly the same way about compliments. I find them embarassing and try to change the subject. Of course, you're the only other person I know who is a self-proclaimed Misanthrope, so maybe that has something to do with it. I do have a sister that needs compliments more then she needs oxegen though. I think we're the exception to the rule.

Also, I think the people who watch the parody movies are the same morons who apparently buy stuff from the junk mail e-mails that perpetuate those as well.

(See also: I'm a misanthrope.) ;)

Unknown said...

First of all, shame on you Pat. I'm very disappointed.

Second of all, no that doesn't really make me feel any better Mr Chuckman.

Third of all, is your sister good looking? I don't have a problem handing out compliments.