Monday, January 07, 2008

American Gladiator


I was glad when the original American Gladiator died off, so imagine my dismay when they brought it back. And as hard as it was to take the original seriously, it is that much harder when one of the characters looks like a crazier version of Ben Stiller from the movie Dodgeball. And the addition of Hulk Hogan and Layla Ali don't do anything to add credibility. It is completely ridiculous. No word yet on whether or not they reused the original theme song which would bore into my brain and dig in like the worms in Chekov's ear in Star Wars 2: The Wrath of Kahn.
And just to prove that network execs are completely out of ideas and have no recourse but to bring back old tv shows, the Night Rider remake commercials are really picking up steam. I don't see how that could be good, particularly if they bring back David Hasselhoff along with it. If anyone actually watched that he or she will have to write up a review.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

They could bring back AirWolf. I mean they could very well do that show better than it was done in the 80's since the lead actor was so messed up most of the time he could hardly stand. Which is why I think they could be successful at bringing it back.

I wouldn't bring back the A-Team since most of us would rather watch the original on Nick-at-Nite or other channel like that.

So Scotty, do you have Airwolf's theme song or the A-Team's theme song stuck in your head now?

Unknown said...

I don't remember the Airwolf theme song, and no I don't have the A-Team song stuck in my head. I've got the song Hold On by Korn stuck in my head.

And I don't really remember anything about Airwolf except that it had a helicopter in it. What was the other show about a helicopter that was out at about the same time? Blue Thunder or something like that.