Friday, January 18, 2008

Energy Gum

Not content with traditional caffeinated beverages and cocaine, enterprising entrepreneurs concocted the energy drink to satiate the public's appetite for a good high twitch buzz. Now apparently energy drinks are no longer sufficient as energy gum has forced it's way into the market place. I was given a pack of Mad Croc gum recently, and finding myself in need of a boost on a Friday afternoon, I decided to chew some. Well, I can tell you right now that I still feel like I could use a nap, and in addition, the gum was not very tasty. Sure it was tolerable at first, but the longer I kept it in my mouth, the worse it got. I can't in good conscience recommend this product to anyone.

The packaging claims that two pieces of gum contains the same amount of caffeine as an 8 oz energy drink, leading me to wonder what would happen if I crammed an entire package into my mouth all at once. Such an experiment might well lead to my demise, so I'll at least put it off until a Monday so I don't waste a 3 day weekend by being dead. That would be a shame.

On a completely unrelated topic, the spell checker doesn't recognize the word public's. It would seem that according to blogger, the public is not allowed to possess anything and therefore the possessive form of the word doesn't exist.

No comments: