Sunday, January 20, 2008

.... And I Vote!

I'm pretty sure I've already posted my bumper sticker rant in the past, so I'll try not to repeat myself, but I've got a very specific bumper sticker that's irritating me lately. You've all seen them before - I'm (fill in the blank) and I vote! As if the voting threat is going to make me take these jokers seriously. To me they are just public proclamations that nobody respects their opinion. It's really kind of pathetic. I do now want to get a bumper sticker that says I'm a moron and I vote though. I may be the only one entertained by that I'm afraid.

I'm also pretty annoyed by the resurgence of the baby on board window signs. I thought we'd killed those off years ago. The only thing good to come of those is the Simpsons episode in which Homer's band - The B Sharps - write a hit barber shop tune titled Baby on Board. And I'll end with this quote from Marge Simpson, "Now people will stop intentionally ramming my car!"

1 comment:

Lyndsay said...

That was my first reaction when I saw the Baby on Board signs as well, but now that I have a baby I think differently. It's not that I don't think people are going to drive more carefully around me, but my thinking is that maybe just maybe a cop won't pull me over for driving in the HOV lane if he sees the sign on the back of my van. Since the back windows are tinted you can't really tell that there is a baby back there, but I'd hate to have him waste his time in pulling me over just to find out that he was WRONG!