Saturday, April 12, 2008

Huh....

Occasionally I'll get some random comment on something I posted a long time ago, but this one is extra special. I got this anonymous comment that as far as I can tell really doesn't make any sense:

Urban intelligentsia sicken me. Hopefully the inevitable nuclear conflagration
of the future will wipe all metro areas over 500,000 population off the Earth,
and cleanse this planet of the urban hipsters who are now destroying it. Start
with those half-caf-decaf-laff-daff-a-plaff-maff or w/e friggin cafes.


This was in response to a post I had written in August about encountering a bum with extremely offensive body odor. I can only assume that whoever this is from is referring to me, since I doubt the bum would have been referred to as urban intelligentsia. I think this is some sort of backlash from the indigent community. Outraged by my intolerance of malodorous individuals, they have sworn a vendetta against me.

My first thought was that this was from old friend Devon, but this is pretty nonsensical even for him. Besides, I can always count on him to claim his work. He's not the kind of guy to hide behind the mask of anonymity. At this point I'm left to assume that some random nutjob just stumbled across my site. I know it's hard to believe that the internet of all places would be a haven of the mentally unbalanced, but this seems to be the case.

I would like to thank this anonymous commenter for being entertaining though.

In other news, the Mariners are now 1-0 in games I've attended. I'm going to make a rash prediction at this point and say that their record will remain unblemished in games attended by me this year. It's a long shot, I know, but that's my prediction.

3 comments:

Devon said...

i neither use nor even really understand what a word like conflagration means. i do hate hipsters though so there's that.

The Chuckman said...

This is really entertaining, I don't even know where to begin. It's actually kind of a compliment that he called you 'intelligentsia' as far as I can tell. He goes on to use the word conflagration so he's either not an idiot, or trying not to sound like one. Is his objection specifically that you live in a city???

This whole thing sounds kind of ironic - like people calling others pretentious; or self righteously exclaiming "are you judging me!"

Clearly a closet self loather.

Unknown said...

Yeah, I find the whole thing very amusing. I feel like I have to read a lot into it for anything to make any sense.

I think this may kick off a new hobby for me though. Finding random blogs, leaving scathing political and social commentary under a topic that if you really put a lot of thought and effort into it, will almost relate in some way. Then I'll just watch the head scratching commence.

Come to think of it, you're kind of self loathing aren't you......

And truth be told, Devon is one of the few people I've heard use the term hipsters, and I think that more than anything made me suspect him.