Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Today's Mystery

This mystery has actually been progressing for a while now, but in the last week has really gotten more baffling. It all started in January when I started receiving Sports Illustrated for no reason that I could discern. Due to the timing of it, I just assumed that somebody had given me a subscription for Christmas and not told me about it. I really didn't think much more about it until about a week ago when an issue of Men's Vogue showed up in my mailbox. I checked to make sure that I hadn't received someone else's mail, but sure enough, it was addressed to me. I scratched my head a little over that one, and then scratched my head a lot today when an issue of Premier Guitar showed up in my mailbox. Again addressed to me.

I've never even heard of Men's Vogue or Premier Guitar, and I can't for the life of me figure out if they are promotional issues and they bought my name and address from someone, or if someone somewhere gave me a subscription and didn't tell me, or if there is a third possibility I haven't considered. So if you gave me a subscription to any of these magazines, thank you. If you gave my name to some marketers and some bills for these will start showing up soon, then go to hell. If you have some kind of crazy conspiracy theory, I'm all ears.

No comments: