Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Featured Artist

This week's featured artist is Ashes Divide. Normally I'd put the video of their song up here for your viewing convenience, but unfortunately the jerks at the Universal Music Group decided to disable embedding and I was unable to find another watchable version elsewhere. The result, which I'm not sure Universal foresaw, is that most likely nobody will follow the link to watch the video for The Stone, effectively negating the purpose of posting the video to begin with. But nobody has accused record company executives of having any common sense anyway. And I'd be tempted to just pull the video off of youtube and post it myself, but this new computer has Vista and the video isn't in the temporary internet files anymore. I'm too lazy at the moment to find where Vista hides streaming video, but maybe later.

Ashes Divide features Billy Howerdel, best know as guitarist and founder of the band A Perfect Circle. So if you like A Perfect Circle at all or Tool, there's a good chance you'll enjoy this one. It's a little mellower and more melodic though, so no need to fear that this is some sort of ear splitting heavy metal.

No comments: