Sunday, April 06, 2008

Movies That Get To Me

Last night I watched Field of Dreams to get myself prepared for the baseball season, and I realized 2 things:

First, I kind of want to go to Iowa to visit the field where the film was shot. I know that I'd get there and after about 20 minutes I'd be bored and realize that there isn't anything else to do there, but I still have that urge.

Second, there are very few movies that I actually have an emotional response to, but even after having seen the movie many times, I still get a little choked up at the end. I don't know why, I've always had a good relationship with my dad, but it does get to me. The only other movie that I can think of off the top of my head that will always get me choked up is Saving Private Ryan. And like my tradition of watching Field of Dreams and The Natural at the start of each baseball season, I have a tradition of watching Saving Private Ryan and Band of Brothers on or around Memorial Day, so I will be watching those before too much longer. I may have to arrange a showing as Memorial Day approaches.

**one additional thing I learned just today while at the Field of Dreams movie site (top link), is that according to the home run derby game on there, I've got some incredible opposite field power. I hit a 501 foot home run. Top that.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What about Thunderheart?

Unknown said...

I don't recall Thunderheart being particularly emotional.