Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Baby Born With 2 Faces

This story was forwarded to me today, and while my first inclination is to make some sort of Tommy Lee Jones joke (he played the character Two Face in one of the Batman movies), I feel that would be in poor taste and on further review, not that funny anyway.

But what I do wonder is why in India, children born with massive deformities seem to be viewed as deities. This baby girl is already being worshipped as the reincarnation of the Hindu goddess Durga. And a while back there was a baby born with 4 legs that was worshipped as Vishnu. I find it very odd that in virtually any other part of the world, the parents would be mortified by such birth defects. I guess it's lucky for these particular children that they were born in India.

No comments: