Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Oops

I don't know if any of you are familiar with The Borowitz Report, but it is a web site I enjoy that is similar to The Onion in that it creates fake news stories. I find quite a few of them to be amusing, but a recent event proved to be far more entertaining than anything Andy Borowitz could have come up with. The Boston Herald ran a story based on and heavily quoting a story he had made up about Dick Cheney challenging Hillary Clinton to a hunting contest.

Not only does this confirm my assertion that the intelligence of Bostonians is severely lacking, particularly that of Red Sox fans, but it also calls into question the quality and credibility of print journalism. If they can't do enough fact checking to get to the bottom of that mystery, it calls into question everything else they report. The true gem of this whole situation though is Andy Borowitz's response.

And as long as I mentioned the Onion, I'll throw in this video for your viewing enjoyment. It makes me want to go on a punching spree.


Wildly Popular 'Iron Man' Trailer To Be Adapted Into Full-Length Film

No comments: