Wednesday, April 30, 2008

House Of Horrors

This is the most unspeakably awful things I've ever seen. If you haven't seen this story already, a man in Austria kept his own daughter locked in a dungeon under his house for 24 years, where he repeatedly raped her and fathered 7 children with her, some of which had never seen the light of day. I can't even begin to imagine what will become of these children now. Unable to communicate, completely ignorant of the outside world. I don't know how they will ever be able to live outside of an institution under constant supervision, let alone ever trust anyone. I am still in disbelief that this has really happened. One part of the story I have difficulty with is that it says that the man responsible for all of this is now under suicide watch in prison. Wouldn't it be a blessing for all if he killed himself? I really couldn't care less about him facing a trial. The sooner that guy dies, the better.

No comments: