Thursday, October 18, 2007

Where Did It All Go Wrong

I hit Subway for lunch today, and while I was there, saw a nervous new sammich artist who looked unkempt, long gray hair sticking out everywhere, not cleanly shaven, shirt untucked, clothes wrinkled. I would guess he was in his 50's. I couldn't help wondering what series of bad decisions led a guy his age to working at a fast food joint. I assume drugs were involved at some point. Possibly some jail time. Maybe he went through a bad divorce and his ex took everything and he's now working the lowest paying job he can find to avoid paying alimony. Whatever the story is, I'm half tempted to go back some time when it isn't so busy and find out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

He was probably a mortgage broker up until 6 weeks ago - now he's in foreclosure, big screen and car were repo'd and Subway is the only place that would hire the scumbag. FootLocker has some modicum of standards.