Friday, October 12, 2007

Stupid Injuries

I have been limping around all day today thanks to one spectacularly uncoordinated move I pulled off yesterday which left me with a sprained knee, ankle, and toe. I know it's not easy to do that much damage all at once, but I pulled it off. All of this occurred while practicing a leg sweep in the dojo (nage-no-kata shodan #5 if you're interested, it even looks like some youtube videos pop up if you google that). Anyhow, imagine, if you will, that I was standing with my right leg in front of my left, and when my right leg was swept, my left foot got stuck on the mat and I fell straight back onto my own leg. My toes turned to the outside of my body, twisting both my ankle and knee at the same time. Well, that hurt like hell, but at this point I'm just glad I didn't tear anything. I'll gladly take limping around for a couple days over blowing out a knee. It no doubt looked quite graceful and I'm glad only a few people were there to see it.

No comments: