Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Not Waterproof

I just found out the hard way that my jacket is not waterproof like I had thought. Apparently it is merely water resistant for up to 2 blocks. That's about how far I got before I could start feeling the water seeping through. And the truly stupid part for me is that I have an umbrella sitting right here at my desk that I assumed I wouldn't need.

It was all worth it though since Starbucks had an unclaimed grande cappuccino that I got for free since they were just going to toss it if I didn't take it. I am not one to turn down free coffee, except the horrible free coffee they give us here in the building that tastes kind of like mud. But free Starbucks coffee I will gladly put in my stomach.

So I guess all in all it wasn't a bad trip. I don't mind being a little damp if I can get some coffee out of the deal. And I wouldn't have been able to hold my umbrella with a cup in each hand anyway.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Scotty, you can get some spray at any sport store that will further waterproof your jacket. It helps dramatically if you put in onto your jacket once every year.

It helps a lot. Hope that takes care of your leakage issue.

Unknown said...

That doesn't do me a lot of good now.