Sunday, October 14, 2007

Dreams

After reading about the big fish's ongoing nightmares a couple days ago, my first thought was that I rarely remember any of my dreams anymore. I honestly can't remember the last dream I had, until last night that is.

I wouldn't really call this dream a nightmare, but it was surprisingly unsettling. In the dream, I came home to find 3 people packing up all of my belongings. After several minutes of arguing and threatening, the only information I could get out of them was that they were hired by my landlord. There was no reason why they were moving me out. I found it very upsetting that for absolutely no reason, and completely out of nowhere, I was suddenly homeless.

What really surprised me was that it woke me up and I couldn't let it go. Even though I knew it was a dream, I couldn't go back to sleep because I kept wondering why they would be evicting me. I always pay my rent on time. I'm quiet. I keep the place clean. I kept going over these things in my head for about half an hour (although my ability to judge time in the middle of the night isn't very good) before finally convincing myself that it was just a dream and I could go back to sleep. At least I didn't have to get up for work today and could sleep in.

No comments: