Sunday, October 21, 2007

Made From Milk!

I picked up a package of string cheese today because, well, it's tasty and makes for a convenient snack. I was a little surprised to see "Made From Milk!" plastered across the front of the package in rather large letters. My first reaction was the most obvious - 'well, duh, what do you think cheese is made of?' except of course for American cheese (possibly the most unfortunate product that America has ever had it's name attached to) and Velveeta, which I believe are made from plastic and, uh, velvet respectively. As well as various chemicals. But shortly after this reaction, I began to grow concerned as to what the other string cheeses I have eaten in my lifetime have been made from that didn't tout their milk origins. Wax? Rat droppings? Gasp... Velveeta? I just hope I can sleep tonight without recurring nightmares about what unknown horrors I've ingested.

No comments: