Thursday, October 11, 2007

Constant Hunger

I have started a new experiment this week. I've given up eating lunch. In an attempt to save money and lose weight at the same time, I came up with this crazy idea. Plus it's hard to find anything halfway healthy in the U district. Well, so far I have saved money and I have lost some weight, but in the afternoons I can feel my stomach digesting itself. I don't know how much longer I'll keep this up. I can only fight the urge to eat gyros for so long. I want to get down to the 170-175 range, and once the holidays come around it's going to be that much harder, so I may try to keep it up it for another week or two. We'll see. It's getting harder all the time though.

3 comments:

Shawn said...

dieting is for girls. Get yourself a double meat double cheese sammich man!
shelvis

Unknown said...

Well, if I can get myself into good enough shape, then maybe I can give some girls the double meat, if you know what I mean.....

All not so veiled inuendos aside though, I've got a black belt test schduled for January, and the more pounds I can shave off before then, the better. I'm just worried that it will be impossible to trim down any during the holidays. I can only restrain myself from Halloween candy, Thanksgiving turkey, and Christmas cookies for so long.

Once I get down to my fighting weight though, I'll gladly join you for a double meat gyro.

Anonymous said...

You could try moving to Norway for a few months. After you find out how much food costs there you'll lose a bunch of weight. Plus it's kinda cold there this time of year, so you'll burn more calories....