Friday, October 19, 2007

Comcast Gets Hammered

Big thanks to Kristi for sending me this article. A 75 year old woman was fed up with the lousy Comcast customer service and decided to take matters into her own hands. She grabbed a hammer, went down to the local payment center, and smashed a keyboard, monitor and phone. I now have a new hero.

According to unhappy customer Mona:

"I smashed a keyboard, knocked over a monitor ... and I went to hit the
telephone," Mona said. "I figured, 'Hey my telephone is screwed up, so is
yours.'". . . "It's totally not like me to do stuff like this," she said. "But
it is so irresponsible and so disrespectful [what they did]. I can't think of
any company reacting that way. It's like they got you in their clutches and
they'll do what they damn well please."


And while Comcast claims that their customer service isn't that bad, that it's just a matter of perception, Comcast's subcontractors in particular have been consistently in the news for falling asleep, murder, digging in the wrong yard or blowing up laptops, dishwashers or homes. Is that an issue with the media, perception or Comcast's subcontractors?

I could expound upon my frustration with Comcast, but will spare you since it's well known by now anyway. As much as I don't want to have to get a dish or change my email address, I get one step closer DSS/DSL every day.

3 comments:

The Chuckman said...

Now that reaction is TRUELY "Comcastic!"

Every Sunday when there's only one damn game on at a time and it's usually like the 49ers or Broncos it makes me want to do things far more violent and large scale to those Comcassholes!

Lyndsay said...

Today for some reason my stupid outgoing server with my Outlook wouldn't work and it was ticking me off. I think it might have had something to do with the wind storm. Well after finding help online and making sure that all my setting were correct I finally gave up and called Comcast. I never actually did speak to a live person, but somehow they knew it was my computer having problems. They must be able to tell because I was calling from the phone the account is under (I never did actually enter the # they just must have known or something). Anyway they restarted my modem remotely and my email started working immediately. I was so stone cold shocked I couldn't believe it was actually that easy.

Unknown said...

That's got to be a fantastic coincidence Lyndsay. Comcast hates you and everything you believe in.