Sunday, October 28, 2007

Huskies

I got to go to my first Husky game of the season Saturday fully expecting to see a win against the struggling Arizona Wildcats. Things looked great in the first half as the Huskies rolled up over 400 yards of offense, but went to the locker room with only a 28-20 lead thanks to 2 fumbles deep in Arizona territory. In the second half, however, the Huskies decided not to play defense. Tuitama put up a team record 500+ passing yards against the hapless secondary in what is one of the greatest chokes I've ever had the misfortune of witnessing in person. I am once again left wondering why the Huskies can't seem to play a full 4 quarters of football this year. They were tied with Oregon after 3 before coming unglued. They had a halftime lead over Ohio State before a second half mauling. Ditto USC and UCLA. I think I've got to start watching only the first half of games.

Special thanks to WSU for exacting revenge on UCLA. Also special thanks go out to one WSU alum (who will remain nameless for his own protection) who even admitted that Cougs are classless.

No comments: