Sunday, October 07, 2007

Good News - I'm Not Losing My Mind.....Yet

I got home from my flag football game to discover that my gate key to get into my parking lot wasn't where I knew I had put it. I was absolutely, 100% certain that I had put it in my center console while I was playing football, but after pulling everything out, it was nowhere to be found. I even opened up the CD cases I had in there thinking it may have slipped inside one of them, as unlikely as that might be.

Well, my next step was to go inside, find a flashlight, and see if it had fallen down between one of the seats and the center console, under one of the seats, or perhaps even have made it's way under one of the floor mats. After an extensive search of my car, I found the following items left for me by a previous owner: a pack of gum, a barrette, a pen cap, an air freshener, and what appeared to be a cheeto, but I'm not entirely sure since it was lodged in it's hiding space so well that despite my best efforts I was unable to extricate it. I also found $1.45 in change (I can do a load of laundry now!) that I assume a good portion of, if not all of, fell out of my pockets.

At this point, I had performed a thorough search of my car and was still empty handed. Out of all other options, I once again searched everything in the center console to find that my gate key had, against all odds, slipped into one of my CD cases, but not just that, had slipped into one of the pages in the insert which had prevented me from finding it earlier. So after 15 - 20 minutes of frustration and thinking I had lost my mind, it turned out to be more or less exactly where I was sure I had put it.

One last important note: no profanity was used in the creation of this story. I know this may be difficult to believe, but it's true.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bullduty! You didn't even invent new swears or anything? I find that most unbelievable. That alone, and not losing your keys is enough to make me think I'm going crazy.

-Wayne