Sunday, October 14, 2007

The Next Great American Band

Fox is relentlessly pushing this show. I think it's a step up from American Idol in that actual bands are involved as opposed to glorified karaoke. My reasoning is that real musicians playing real instruments should have at least some knowledge of music. Granted that's not necessarily true as no doubt there will be loads of crap pop-punk bands who don't know anything about music and can barely play an instrument, but in theory it's a better idea. At least that's what I thought until I saw that Johnny Rzeznik is one of the judges. If they can't find any better judges than a completely talentless hack, then I don't hold out much hope for the show. If he wasn't a pretty boy that made young girls swoon, then he and the horrible Goo Goo Dolls would never have had a musical career at all. So there you have it, this show is doomed.

No comments: