Saturday, October 06, 2007

Cheap DVDs

I really am a sucker for cheap DVDs. Whenever I'm at a store that has some cheap DVDs displayed somewhere I have to stop and take a look, and usually pick up one or two. It doesn't even have to be a good movie. If I can find a decent movie for $5 or $6 that I figure I'll watch more than once I'm powerless to resist. I have even picked up movies I've never seen before just because I figure it's not much more than renting it. That's how I've manage to wind up with some pretty mediocre movies in my library.

Target seems to be best at this. I can't seem to go to Target without coming home with at least 1 DVD. My last trip I came home with the extended version of Stargate, Secret Window, and the real gem of the deal, a 2 disc package with Big Trouble in Little China and Flight of the Phoenix for just $5.50. I may never get around to watching Flight of the Phoenix, but I absolutely love Big Trouble in Little China. I guess I should just be glad that the closest Target is on the other side of Redmond and I absolutely hate driving through downtown Redmond or my DVD library would soon grow out of control. Best Buy usually suckers me in too, but again, not conveniently enough located to be a real threat.

No comments: