Thursday, February 22, 2007

On the news stand

While I was in line at Safeway tonight waiting for the slowest cashier I've ever seen, I couldn't help using the time to peruse the magazines. I was amused by the 300 pound mouse that escaped from a lab somewhere and is now terrorizing the city (I forgot which one). I was surprised to find out that both Edgar Cayce and John the Baptist predicted the same date for the end of the world. But what really intrigued me was the cover of Cosmo. Weird Male Behavior Decoded! At first I couldn't help wondering what behaviors we men exhibit which are so confounding to women. I always thought that men are, for the most part, very straight forward and uncomplicated. Then I thought that perhaps it is this lack of complication that women find so perplexing, that they think that there must be something else going on in our minds. Well, there isn't. Then I couldn't help wondering why women don't just ask a guy they know what's going on when they see a man doing something weird. And that's where I'm still at right now. This headline intrigued me to the point where I almost picked up a Cosmo and began thumbing through it in public. I stopped short of that, however, so if any Cosmo readers can clue me in, I'd appreciate it.

No comments: