Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Movies

Thank you Lyndsay for warning me about Black Dahlia. I had been interested in seeing it, but upon further investigation, the reviews are pretty bad. I guess it's better to skip it.

I watched Fearless last night. This was a movie I really enjoyed. Now despite the fact that I watch a lot of martial arts movies, there aren't actually that many that I really like. I've always been put off by rediculous plots, bad acting, flying and other impossible moves, and the annoying bravado ('my kung fu is superior to yours'). With the exception of some wire work, Fearless didn't have any of these. The story was more philosophical. It was more of an exploration of why people study martial arts (or at least why they should) and not simply about guys trying to be the biggest badass on the planet. The acting and cinematography were very good as well, and the fight scenes weren't half bad. I give this movie my seal of approval and a 7 out of 10 rating.

No comments: