Tuesday, February 06, 2007

I think I'm dying

I am so completely exhausted right now that it I got distracted and it took me 3 minutes to finish this sentence. Despite getting a reasonable amount of sleep in recent weeks, I have felt completely worn out. I thought it was just stress, but on further examination, I think it might be a virus of some sort. Apparently this virus is also effecting my typing, because approximately every third word has a typo.

Now the fatigue has been going on for a couple weeks now. I find myself just staring at the monitor at work sometimes, wondering how long it's been since I've done something. But Friday, things took a turn for the worse. One particularly insidious co-worker informed me that she had come down with something. Now she telecommutes, so I wasn't overly concerned about it being contageous, however, she either found a way to email me the germs or I contracted a sympathy cold.

That same Friday, I had bragged that I had not been sick all winter. Cursed by my own hubris, it was Saturday afternoon that the sore throat began to set in. By Sunday, a runny nose had made it's way into the picture as well. Now these cold symptoms have been mild, and appear to have almost run their course by now, however, the fatigue is nearly overwhelming. I have been consuming heroic quantities of coffee to no avail. Even as I finish a cup, I still feel as though I could close my eyes and be snoring in a matter of minutes. So, I'm not sure what got to me, but I really feel like I need a 3 (or 4 or 5) day weekend soon.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ditch the coffee and fire up some green tea...that will perk you up in no time and will also serve as an anti-oxident.

Devon said...

nah, crack cocaine and ginsing... works everytime.

Anonymous said...

If you think your exhausted try having a 3 week old who's breastfeeding live with you - now that's exhausted! ;)

My advise - take sick day, (preferrably on a Friday or Monday) don't get of bed and sleep, sleep and more sleep!

Anonymous said...

Well, the crack cocaine will definitely wake him up...but won't the ginseng just give him a Jamaican boner?

Unknown said...

Of the available options, I think the green tea is the most appealing. I'm kind of on the fence whether I'd prefer the crack or the breastfeeding though.