Saturday, February 10, 2007

Lots of Snow

I came across this story today. Apparently parts of New York state have gotten 8 feet of snow in the last week or so with another 2 to 4 feet in the forecast through Monday. My first thought is holy crap that's a lot of snow. Immediately after that I began wondering what I would do if it snowed that much here. First of all, I wouldn't go to work. I've got enough vacation time built up that I could ride out a fairly lengthy storm. Second, since I live on the second floor, 8 feet would be just about the right height to just step off the deck if I needed to go somewhere. I'm not sure where I would go though since I'm pretty sure everything would be closed. Plus I'd have to walk to get anywhere, and with no snowshoes, I'm not sure how far I could make it before I collapsed and froze to death. I guess I'd just be stuck staying home watching movies and playing video games. And I'd probably spend a lot of time on the internet. Maybe I'd go shovel some snow and make a snowman just to keep from getting bored. So I guess 8 feet is too much, but maybe 3 or 4 feet might be tolerable.

No comments: