Monday, February 12, 2007

Marty Schottenheimer fired

How does a coach go 14-2 and get fired? I've always thought Marty Schottenheimer was a good, but not great coach, but how in the world do you get the best record in the NFL and then get fired because you lost in the playoffs? This to me is really shocking. I don't know who the Chargers are going to replace him with, but I can guarantee you that they won't win 14 games next year. Really dumb move by the Chargers. And even dumber is the excuse they gave. Because too many assistant coaches left after the season. How in the world is that Marty's fault? 2 assistants got head coaching jobs with other teams. What is he supposed to do about that? I think it's more the fault of the management that they were unable to hold on to their assistant coaches. It's just too bad for the Cowboys that they already hired Wade Phillips, because Marty Schottenheimer would be a great fit for them.

No comments: