Sunday, February 11, 2007

Freemasons Secretly Control The World!

According to this show I'm in the middle of on the Discovery Channel. I don't think I'm going to watch the rest of it since it's getting late and I need some sleep, but also because it doesn't seem to be very focused and isn't covering anything I haven't heard before. That aside, I really enjoy a good quality conspiracy story. Anything involving the world secretly being run by the masons, the Bilderberg group, or the Trilateral Commision will usually suck me right in. Now let me just make it clear that I don't believe any secret organization controls the world, but I still find the conspiracy theories very entertaining for some reason. I'm not really sure why, but the best I can come up with is that I am intrigued as to why they are so secretive if they aren't up to something sinister, or at the very least, humiliating, and more importantly how they are able to keep getting new members if nobody knows what they really do. My grandfather was a mason and all he would tell me about it was that it was a cheritable organization. He wouldn't try to talk me, or anyone else for that matter, into joining - I think recruiting is forbidden - but even if he had, I can't imagine why I would want to join since I don't know what they do.



Anyhoo, I think I'm going to have to watch the Stonecutters episode of the Simpsons again. That was some good quality entertainment. I just hope that they are able to keep the metric system down until I'm cold in the grave.


No comments: