Friday, February 16, 2007

Is it a full moon?


Because the freaks are out today. Half a block after leaving the office today, I came across a guy in a trench coat with hooded sweatshirt underneath, hood on. Now here comes the unusual part. He had on dark sunglasses and pretty much the rest of his face was covered in duct tape. Why in the world would somebody cover their face in duct tape? All I could think was that he had a real Darkman thing going, except instead of bandages, he had duct tape. I'm probably going to lose sleep trying to unravel that mystery.
Well, walking away from that guy, I thought I was done for the day, however there was another surprise waiting for me on the bus. A guy with a long purple goatee, purple eyebrows, purple hair, a big purple flower pinned to his shirt, and a top hat. What bothered me most, however, was that he had to look everyone in the eye and smile as they got on the bus. Some of you know this about me already, but I have an intense distrust of people who are smiling for no good reason. If I don't know what they are smiling about, it must be because they are up to something sinister.
And that reminds me, at lunch today there was another guy that creeped me out. Imagine if you will, that I am sitting in a small restaurant eating a gyro, facing the window. As I looked out, a guy walking down the sidewalk looked right at me smiling, and then had the nerve to nod at me. I don't know why he did that, but I was looking over my shoulder all the way back to the office.

No comments: