Tuesday, January 23, 2007

You heard it here first

Actually you heard it here first, 82 wins for the M's this year. The USS Mariner is predicting a more solid season out of the M's than I am. I'm imagining another 70 win season after the boneheaded moves that Bill Bavasi pulled in the off season (why hasn't that guy been fired yet?). I've been trying to avoid talking about the M's for 2 reasons: 1. the season is still a long way off, and 2. every time I think about the off season trades it angers up the blood. But since this is the first good news I've heard in a while, even if it is only theoretical good news, I can enjoy it. Plus, the guys over at USS Mariner really seem to know what they are talking about.

In other Mariner news, I found this interesting where is he now article on everybody's favorite, Bucky Jacobsen. It sounds like his career is pretty much over, but I'd still love it if the M's, or anybody for that matter, except the A's - screw them, brought him back and gave him one more shot. How can you not love a big, fat, goofy, fun loving power hitter? He's like Jay Buhner only bigger. Ah the nostalgia. Ok, I'm back now, and Bucky should be too.

No comments: