Friday, January 19, 2007

Hannibal Rising

I just saw my first preview for Hannibal Rising, and I must say I'm interested. I loved Silence of the Lambs and Red Dragon and would love to see more of the back story on Hannibal Lecter. I do have some reservations however. My biggest reservation is that I've seen the movie Hannibal which was an absolute disaster. 2 of the 3 movies in the franchise have been outstanding, but the third one was such a stinker that I have to approach this new movie with trepidation. The second reservation is that it's coming out in February. Traditionally, movies coming out early in the year suck. Think about it. What's the best movie you ever saw that came out this time of year. See what I mean. Third, I don't recognize anyone in the cast, and more to the point, the young actor playing Hannibal really didn't convince me that he's up to the part based on what I've seen. Still, these things aside, I'm very interested in seeing this movie.

No comments: