Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Scooters

Someone, who shall remain anonymous for his own protection, has been trying to talk me into buying a scooter. Though my hatred of high gas prices is pretty strong, it still isn't to the point that I can see myself putting around town on a scooter. While it has always been a dream of mine to roll into Sturgess on a scooter purely for entertainment purposes, I can't really imagine owning one. Is it possible to look cool on a scooter? Let me change that. Is it possible to not look like a total dork on a scooter? I'm not sure that my fragile ego could take that kind of blow at this point in my life. So the question to all you readers out there, and I'm pretty sure there is at least 1 of you: what would it take to get you on a scooter? And if you want one, I can put you in touch with somebody.

Should a grown man really be on one of these?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Unless you are in Italy and filming a 'Talented Mr. Ripley' sequel, scooters are off limits. Or maybe you just want to be like Jim McMahon...he endorsed Honda scooters back in 1986...

Devon said...

I haven't been trying to talk YOU into buying a scooter. I have been talking Chris into it though. If you were looking to do something like that why wouldn't you just get a full sized motorcycle? True, a scooter gets about 100 mpg and even a small motorcyle will only get you 65-75 mpg maybe. Plus a scooter wouldn't help you get to work very easily.

But most importantly, I can get away with a scooter because I already have a girlfriend. Trust me, the scooter would be quite a hinderance if I didn't already have one.

For you I'd recommend a motorcycle to save on gas but one that is big enough to carry a girl on it.

Of course, I'm selling my scooter soon so maybe you should buy one... Celebacy isn't THAT bad. Whats good enough for the pope should be good enough for you. I bet he's got a sweet scooter too.