Monday, January 29, 2007

Miss America

Congratulations to Miss Oklahoma on winning this year's Miss America competition. Did anyone even know this was going on right now? I was unaware that the competition was even on until I saw the news story that the winner was crowned. Remember the days when people actually cared about Miss America? What happened? It even draws less attention than the Oscars, which are a complete waste of time despite having the distinct advantage of having attractive young women in swimsuits. What in the world do the Oscars have that anybody cares about? Joan Rivers annoyingly whining about what people are wearing is, by itself enough for me to avoid watching.

Anyway, I just found out that Miss Washington this year is from Silverdale. Some of you may know that Silverdale is where I attended high school and where my parents still live. Nobody I went to school with looked like that however. I'm very impressed at how ambitious she is: Career Ambition: Work for a Non-Governmental Organization. That is particularly interesting since she is currently majoring in political science. Keep those sights set high Miss Washington.

Giving them the quick once over, I'd have to say my favorites are Arkansas, Colorado, Georgia, Illinois, Kansas, Maryland, and Michigan. I think I'd have to cast my vote for Miss Michigan, although, the more I look at the pics, the less sure of that I am, so I'm going to stop now before I change my mind.

And one last note, the Miss Scott competition doesn't care about what talents you have, what interests you have, or how you do in the interview. It is limited to the swimsuit competition and the evening wear competition. Maybe I'd throw in a punt, pass, and kick competition to keep it interesting, but then again, maybe not.

2 comments:

Shawn said...

being from silverdale just means she's a skank that has banged like a thousand navy dudes. Harsh and sad, but true.

Unknown said...

Good point Shelvis, but again I must ask, where were the girls like this when we were there?