Saturday, January 13, 2007

Playoff picks

Visiting another site reminded me that I haven't gotten my football predictions in yet. So, really quickly here because one of the games is scheduled to start in 6 minutes:

Colts - Ravens: I'm going with the Ravens, primarily because Manning always chokes in the playoffs and I know the loss is coming either this week or next. I'm going with this week.

Chargers - Patriots: Chargers all the way. The Patriots seem to be magic in the playoffs, but they just aren't good enough to take the Chargers.

Saints - Eagles: The Saints offense is too much for the Eagles defense, and without McNabb, the Eagles offense won't be able to keep up. The Saints win by 14 in a shootout.

And the one you've all been hoping for, Seahawks - Bears: Seahawks win. Primarily because I'm blinded by my hometown love, but also because the Seahawks should be able to run the ball effectively with a more healthy line than they've had most of the season and because Tommie Harris is out. Also Grossman has been terrible down the stretch and will give the Seahawks several gifts before being pulled in favor of Griese. By that time it will be too late.

No comments: