Monday, January 08, 2007

Fun on the bus

Part of the fun of being a bus patron is the strange people you come across. Today I sat across the aisle from a creepy looking guy who was dressed like Jesse James from West Coast Choppers, including the West Coast Choppers knit cap with the iron cross. His hands and neck were covered with tatoos, including a stylish F U C K across his fingers. Other than his face, the rest of him was covered up, but I imagine most of it was also tatooed. Now this in itself didn't really bother me too much, it was when he began talking to the poor woman sitting next to him that I began to think something was wrong. At first I thought he was either drunk or high since his eyelids were drooping and his speech was a little slow and slurred. I changed my opinion to mentally ill when I heard him begin explaining that he hoped he would be able to get that sex change he wanted within the next year or 2. He was concerned, however, that his criminal record may disqualify him from being eligible for the operation. Now this poor woman sitting next to him sat there listening to everything and adding comments like 'I see' and 'yes, that's a problem'. Unfortunately I didn't hear a lot of what he said, but trust me when I say the rest of it wasn't much more comforting. So all of you who insist on driving everywhere, this is what you're missing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That must have been pretty creepy. But what if he was trying to freak you out because he was actually scared of YOU?