Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Championship picks

I'm going to get my picks in early this week.

After going 1 for 4 last week, I'm a little gunshy, but I think I can learn from my mistakes. I've been wrong on the Colts two weeks in a row now, so I'm going to pick them to upset the Patriots. This is my longshot, and I will readily admit that it has more to do with my hatred of Tom Brady than any logical reason. Here's my half-assed attempt to bring logic to the situation though: The Colts D has really stepped it up in the playoffs this year. I have no reason to think they won't shut down the Patriots offense as well. Second, Peyton Manning stunk it up in the first 2 games, so he's due for a good game. Third, they finally have a money kicker and the game will probably go down to the wire.

In the NFC Championship, I'm going with the Saints. Honestly, no Chicago payback here, the Saints have been my NFC pick since the start of the playoffs. Brees, Colston, Bush, and McCallister have been unstoppable all year, and while the Bears have a good D, I really believe that they will be overpowered. Look for the Saint to come out throwing early and often, but switch to the run in the second half and really wear out the Bears D. I think what this really comes down to is that Brees is a lot better QB than Grossman and that will be the difference in the game. I'm saying Saints by 10.

No comments: