Tuesday, March 04, 2008

TJ Duckett?

Really? TJ Duckett? This signing is a real head scratcher for me. Why would the Seahawks want a guy who has been a bust? A guy that I thought was done in the NFL. And why would they sign him to a year deal? I assume he's going to be the short yardage guy. The guy who will put his head down and get the tough yards. But does this mean that he's going to be paired up with Shaun Alexander, or will Alexander be released and we'll have Duckett paired with Maurice Morris? Morris complements Duckett's running style more than Alexander does, but as bad as Alexander was last year, the thought of having the Morris/Duckett one two punch really scares me. I've got a feeling this is the end of the line for Shaun.

The other move the Seahawks made today that surprised me is the signing of Jeb Putzier. I assume this means we're giving up on Alge Crumpler. Putzier should do fine, better than Pollard at least, but he's hardly worth getting excited over. I think they still have to be targeting another TE in the draft.

3 comments:

Kris Gray said...

Hey Crumpler signed with the Titans.

If you don't read fieldgulls.com you should, its chok full of good stuff like why we want TJ Duckett.

Unknown said...

I actually just came across that site a couple days ago. I remain unconvinced about Duckett though. I still think he's a bust. And I still have a big man crush on Rashard Mendenhall. It doesn't look like he's going to drop low enough for the Seahawks to grab him though.

I hadn't heard about Crumpler going to the Titans. That bastard.

The Chuckman said...

One of the big 3 RB's should fall to us, if not McFadden, then Mendenhall or Stewart, there just aren't that many teams up top who have RB as the most pressing need (like we do) but my guess is Duckett is here to vulcher Jamal Charles (from Texas) goal line carries when we pick him up in like the 3rd or 4th round.

Although that fieldgulls.com article on him does make me hopefull that truely he's just waiting to be the next Brandon Jacobs; those sound almost exactly like his combine #'s.