Tuesday, March 04, 2008

So Long Favre

It's official, Brett Favre has finally retired. I thought he should have retired 2 or 3 years ago, but he proved me wrong this year. Now he gets to go out after a great season with a couple records on top of it. This should come as good news to football fans who, like me, after 17 years were still unsure they were pronouncing his name correctly. And to me, the defining moment in his career came in 1998. His cameo appearance in the film There's Something About Mary caught me completely off guard and was extremely funny. And all the pro bowl appearances, super bowl appearances, and records never were able to overshadow that one special moment.

And so Brett Favre, enjoy your retirement, thank you for the 17 magical (and sometimes not so magical) years on the football field. I will most likely forever hold a grudge for the last playoff game against the Seahawks, but I hope that you will have the time to further your acting career.

3 comments:

Shawn said...

he was no jim kelly.
hopefully retirement is final this time. May the Packers dip directly into last place where they belong.
Shelvis Sunshine McShelvistein

Anonymous said...

Just like Marino he had to get his last win in the playoffs no less against Seattle. I wonder who else went out on top against the Hawks.

Unknown said...

Not Bill Parcells. His last game as a coach was a playoff loss to the Hawks. I'm proud of that.