Sunday, March 30, 2008

Ninja Warrior

Occasionally I'll be flipping through the channels and will find myself stopping on G4 to watch Ninja Warrior. It's a Japanese show in which contestants have to run through an obstacle course in under a certain amount of time. It's kind of like a serious version of MXC. And unlike MXC, Ninja Warrior regularly has world class athletes on the show. I've seen several former Olympians and some professional athletes, not your standard uncoordinated people.

Sure, some of the appeal is seeing people wipe out while attempting these feats, but it's actually more entertaining to see someone complete the course. Some contestants make it look very easy, and some make it look impossible. I can't help wondering how I would do. And it also doesn't hurt that there are frequently cute Japanese women on the show.

But don't just take my word for it, check out the clip below and you will soon find yourself hooked.

No comments: